- Leander cheap storage prices dictate renting the smallest amount of space you will need and pack the unit full.
- Start by gathering as many boxes that you think you will need, tape, markers and packing material (i.e. foam shipping noodles, bubble wrap, packing paper or towels).
- If possible, try to use uniform size boxes for easy stacking.
- Make up an inventory of your items and keep it in a safe place at home or in a safe deposit box away from our Leander storage units.
- Prepare your Leander Storage unit by placing a protective cover on the floor under your goods.
- Place your storage items on 2x4 boards or on pallets to guard against dampness. Any concrete floor may become cold and damp.
- Plan your Pleasant Hill storage space. Place those items that you may need to access often in the front.
- CAUTION! Do not store anything COMBUSTIBLE (i.e., paint thinner, gasoline, solvents, paint, etc.)
- Try to leave an aisle down the center of the storage unit for easier access. Leave a small space between the walls and boxes to allow for air circulation.
- Stack heavier boxes on the bottom and lighter boxes on top.
- Boxes should be strong enough to hold up to 30 LBS. Do not over-pack your boxes.
- Before sealing with tape, list the contents on the box top.
- Keep glasses and dishes wrapped and packed in part of the box.
- Wrap all pictures and mirrors in cardboard, stack on end and mark the box “FRAGILE”.
- A great place to store knick-knacks, small items, china etc. is in furniture drawers. Prevent breakage by wrapping them in towels or tablecloths.
- Pack away your clothes, towels, and blankets in your large appliances.
- Place TVs and electronics in the rear of your Leader Storage place.
- Trash cans should be stacked inside each other and they make an excellent container for hoses, rakes, hoes and shovels.
- Remove all legs from table to conserve space.
- In arranging your Leader Storage space, place sofas and loveseats on their ends. Use plastic to wrap cushions and place them on top of the sofas and loveseats.
- Never place heavy or sharp objects on top of your upholstered items.
- Protect against dust by covering upholstered furniture with blankets and or cardboard.
- Stand your mattresses straight up so that they don’t bend becoming lumpy and out of shape.
- Wipe any items made of metal - bikes, metal tables, tools, etc. - with machine oil to prevent rusting.
View our FAQs page for answers to all of our frequently asked questions.FAQs